WHAT CAN STOP "Tin Foil" Don Reynolds from having the round of his life, the score he didn't dream was possible?
- Swing thoughts that range from "I've chosen the wrong club" to "I think I'm gonna sneeze" during the middle of his backswing.
- Nerves he never knew he had that twitch
uncontrollably during his putting stroke.
- His companions in this round who are betting and
competing against him and who fundamentally believe they are better than he is.
- His unreliable golf swing that has produced more
rounds in the 90s than in the 70s during what he calls his career but everyone
else calls his hobby.
- The golf course that isn’t trying to beat him,
but always does anyway.
- The three-club desert winds that dip, swirl and
blow, and the early summer sun that burns triple digit hot.
- His internal soundtrack that seems forever set
on shuffle and plays through his mind with lyrics from songs ranging from “Hit
Me With Your Best Shot” to “You’re
No Good” and “I Fall to Pieces.”
AND WHEN IT comes down to the final holes and delirium sets
in, his brain thinks everything and nothing at the same time, and the dream he’s
always wished for might or might not come true, he faces both potential triumph
and crushing personal failure… and swings at the ball.